Hey there beauty's! :) Do you guys love pie? Then here you go! This delicious recipe will make your stomach love you for life. Eat this and you will keep eating this everyday! This is one of my favorite type of pies. I hope it becomes one of your favorites as well. Make sure to have all your supplies. And if you are working with sharp needs, make sure to have a grown up next to you. So lets get started! :) Good Luck everyone! :)
Makes 1-9 inch pie
- 1 Recipe for a 1 inch double crust pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 packed of brown sugar
- 8 granny smith apples- peeled , cored and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Prep: 30 Mins, Cook: 1 Hr, Ready In: 1 hr and 30 min.
Recommended: To buy your ingredients at Shoprite.