Sunday, November 11, 2012

Glitter Gossip: My Thanksgiving Traditions! :)

Hey there beauties! :) Today I decided to do another Glitter Gossip. If you don't know what Glitter Gossip means well here you go! Glitter Gossip is when I talk about my self or questions that viewers made for me. So Glitter Gossip is kinda one post about me each week. And the reason I made this, is so you beauties can know me better! :) Anyways, today's Glitter Gossip topic is... My Thanksgiving Traditions!!! :) Thanksgiving is just around and what better celebrate some of my traditions. Well, I love decorating for any holiday or special occasion, so I put a harvest on my door and put turkeys on my wall. Starting off with where I celebrate it. I celebrate Thanksgiving in my house and some of my family members come over. What better way to celebrate Thanksgiving is with eating a turkey! I know everyone does that but some people might have there own special treat with there turkey for Thanksgiving. For an example: some people might make there turkey homemade or they buy it from the super market and cook it in there own home oven. Another tradition I do when I celebrate Thanksgiving with my family is that when we are in the middle of eating we all stand up and share what we are thankful of. Then, after that we drink apple cider. After that, we might get out form the table, the grown ups may start dancing. :p And the children go into the room and chill. And that is how I celebrate Thanksgiving! :)

Now let's chitchat about Thanksgiving! :) Thanksgiving Day is a holiday celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada. Thanksgiving is celebrated each year on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Because of the longstanding traditions of the holiday, the celebration often extends to the weekend that falls closest to the day it is celebrated. Several other places around the world observe similar celebrations. Historically, Thanksgiving had roots in religious and cultural tradition. Today, Thanksgiving is primarily celebrated as a secular holiday. Prayers of thanks and special thanksgiving ceremonies are common among almost all religions after harvests and at other times. The holiday's history in North America is rooted in English traditions dating from the Protestant Reformation. It also has aspects of a harvest festival, even though the harvest in New England occurs well before the late-November date of the holiday.

Now, if you have any traditions share them with me so comment! Keep checking out my blog for anything new! Thanks beauties! :) 

REMEMBER TO BE A MEMBER AND COMMENT! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela,
    I think that your blog is really nice. Since Thanksgiving is coming up and so is Black Friday, are you excited? I am because I love the fact that you can sit down and have a nice feast. I also love black friday because I love shopping. Plus, on black friday the deals are better! YAY! Anyway, I look forward to reading more posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace,
    Thank you! I really like your blog too! Yes I am super exited for Black Friday and Thanksgiving! How about you?I love shopping at Black Friday because there are great deals and super cute fashion! Thank you! Check out my blog everyday for more beauty or fashion related posts! Bye!
    Sincerely,
    Angela :)

    ReplyDelete